Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

The Woman Who Walked in Sunshine....a week late.

Alexander McCall Smith
Checked out from the library.
 I have spent years with Precious Ramotswe, 16 years in fact.  I became enamored with her when I devoured her early books while pregnant.  When Hiro was born, I found two books written about Precious as a girl solving her first mysteries of the missing cupcakes. 
The most recent book I finished is the latest installment of the series written by Alexander McCall Smith.  This is the book I should have brought to Florida.
There are so many wandering ideas, tangents of images from one thought to the next humorously being uttered at the wrong moments.  In this installment, Mma Ramotswe is coerced by her co-detective Mma Makutsi to take a much needed vacation.  But she finds it is very difficult to leave her business and relax when so many people need her.   Oh how I wish sometimes my life were like the slow thoughtful existence of a life in a magical Botswana.

No comments:

Post a Comment